Monday, April 28, 2014

I'm Back! And It's Monday

I was on a family vacation last week, and my good intentions to blog did not pan out! But I'm back today and ready to play along with another Mojo Monday. This week's sketch is a Tall & Skinny, which I decide to turn on its side.


I thought the 3.5 x 6 size was perfect for graduation cards - just the right size for cash or a check (or not, lol).


I picked a couple of colors out of the patterned paper for each card. I tried to focus mostly on the color of the recipient's school and add a second accent.  I used stamps to create the tone on tone paper as well as the sentiment and the image in the circles.


A different look just from different focal colors and placement of the patterns. For both cards, I used some Shimmer Trim for the skinny strip; I cut one strip in half lengthwise and used half on each card.

Supplies used:
  • Graduation Fanfare patterned paper - Karen Foster Design
  • Goldrush, Ruby, and Topiary cardstock - Close To My Heart
  • Blue cardstock scrap - brand unknown
  • Black patterned paper - discontinued Close To My Heart
  • Black Shimmer Trim - Close To My Heart
  • Congrats Graduate acrylic stamps  - Close To My Heart
  • Exclusive Inks stamp pads in Goldrush, Ruby, Topiary, and Indian Corn Blue - Close To My Heart
  • Sponge Daubers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...