Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Paper Garden - September Stamp Of The Month

Hello and welcome to this month's stamp of the month blog hop! I am super excited to share my project with you this month, and practically all you need to make it is cardstock and ink.

First, a little housekeeping: if you've arrived here from Michelle's Handmade World  blog, or if you're just starting out, you're in the right place. Just keep hopping along until you end up back where you started!  This month's stamp set has 10 floral images, perfect for everything from sympathy to celebrations. You can get yours for only $5 with any $50 purchase this month.

I decided to make a two-page layout for this month's project, and I must say that I am in love with the results:


I used colors perfect for a country Fall, and I'm really looking forward to getting some pictures taken for this layout.  I designed this from scratch, so I thought I'd share my process with you. I started by choosing colors, which can be a challenge when you don't have specific pictures in mind. Since the first thing I thought of with these stamps was a country evening, I decided to use Sapphire for the night sky and Ruby for a red barn. I added Fern for the darkening evening's grass, and Safflower for a harvest moon.


One of my favorite things is a big circle crossing both pages of a layout, and strips across the pages to ground everything. I embossed the Ruby strips with the Woodgrain embossing folder, and I stamped the flower silhouette stamps on the Fern strips.  I added a few well-placed stems on the Sapphire base pages, and I random stamped the Safflower circle with individual images from the set.  I added a Peacock banner strip and a thin banner strip of the lightest Brown & Tan Glitter Paper.


Next I cut out several photo mats, and played around with the arrangement until I found what I liked. I ended up covering more of the circle than I planned, but I liked this layout the best.


I cut several flowers and leaves using the coordinating Artiste Cricut cartridge, and also decided to cut some of the leaves from more of the Glitter Paper.


 I added some natural looking dimension to the flowers and stamped leaves by rolling an embossing stylus around the center, then each petal.


I embossed a couple of the leaves from the back side so they curled the other way. I added some 3-D Foam Tape under those, to keep their shape in the protectors.


For the flower centers, I used Durables Artisan Studs for the large flowers, and the Bling Gems Gold Assortment for the smaller flowers.

So, what do you think? Are you ready to make your own layout now?  If you need to shop, a clickable photo list is below. Links open in a new tab so you can continue the hop from here without getting lost.  When you're done here, let's head over to Jacquelin Green's Paper Goodness blog to check out her project this month. I can't wait to see it!

Products used in this project:

September SOTM
Enchantment CS Combo (or individual colors)
Stamp Pads in coordinating colors
Stamping Blocks
Woodgrain Embossing Folder
Artiste Cricut cartridge
Brown & Tan Glitter Paper
Piercing & Embossing Tool Kit
Bling Gems Gold Assortment
Durables Artisan Studs
3-D Foam Tape


21 comments:

  1. Fantastic layout!! Love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Catherine - loving our new colors!

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous! Reminds me of a sunset at the end of a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! That's exactly what I thought too.

      Delete
  3. Love all the details! Such a beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! The "details" are always my favorite part to work on.

      Delete
  4. a lovely layout. specially like your flower centers. i am a cardmaker, can you tell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lee - always like to try something different for the centers

      Delete
  5. GREAT layout Lori!! Love that new Sapphire! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! And yes, my new favorite color

      Delete
  6. Wonderful layouts! Love those flowers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! They were really fun to make.

      Delete
  7. Love the layered flowers on your layout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! They were really fun to make - and easy!

      Delete
  8. Love all the little details of this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout! I love the addition of the glitter leaves and strips of glitter paper - really makes this pop and sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your layout is incredible! Love everything about it. so many details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic layout. I love the tone-on-tone stamping and all of the other details you added.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...