Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Hooray! It's National Cat Day - and a Blog Hop!

Welcome to the National Cat Day Blog Hop! If you came from Sarah's Blog you are in right spot. But you want to start the fun at Haidee's Blog if you happened to start out here.

I am excited to have you hop with us! Each blogger participating in this hop is featuring a crafty project having to do with "Cat". You'll find unique ideas that have to do with Cat. We hope you'll enjoy each and every project along the way.

Be sure to leave a comment at each hop to show some Bloggie Love and to qualify to win a Prize.





Now on to my project...
 


Need a gift idea for that cat lover in your life? (Or want something a little special for yourself?) These mugs are SO easy, and sure to be unique.  Here's what you need to make these:





  • plain mug(s) in your choice of color - I bought these at Dollar Tree
  • Contact paper for a stencil
  • Non-toxic paint pen (or Sharpie marker, especially if you use white mugs)
  • Cricut cartridge with your favorite cat image - I used CTMH Artistry
There are just a few steps to make these, and they are super quick! First, choose your Cricut image and decide on size. I cut my cat at 2.5".  Cut from Contact paper using the settings you use for vinyl, but with less pressure so you don't cut through the backing paper.  Peel off your cat and position it on your mug as desired. Next, use your paint pen or marker around your image as desired to create the negative image.  Because my paint pen had a brush nib type tip, I chose to show these two options - the left uses a flicking motion out from the center and the right uses a splotchy dot effect. I colored the heart cutout solidly on both.

When you're done with your image, carefully peel off the contact paper. I used the pointed hook Cricut tool to carefully peel it up while my paint was still wet.  After drying, follow the curing directions for your paint/marker to make it permanent. (Mine baked at 325 degrees for 30 minute.) Remember that these should now be hand washed, even if the original mugs are dishwasher safe!

Your next blog stop is Nana's Scrap Spot.

Here is a list of the line up, just in case you get lost:

Haidee- http://created2bunique.blogspot.com
Kim - http://katydidcards.com
Connie- http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com
Sarah- http://www.sarahbiswabic.blogspot.com

Come back to Haidee's (http://created2bunique.blogspot.com/) Blog Friday October 30th to see IF you are the WINNER.

HAVE A SUPER FANTASTIC HOP!!!

29 comments:

  1. Wowsers! I love these mugs and I can't believe how easy you make it sound to decorate them. And you did it with a paint pen?!? Who knew?? Thanks so much for sharing the deets!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an amazing cup design you made for your cups. Thanks for the easy directions too. I have never tempted to do this but I may just try now TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your coffee mugs! They are awesome!! I am going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness! These are AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a fun creative gift idea! Love your mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an awesome project!! new follower!!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea! They are darling! Your instructions are wonderful, sounds easy! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! Need to finish this hop so I can go to the Dollar Tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning. These would make a great gift. Thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great thing to do in a pinch! I can seriously see myself doing a whole bunch of these for the people at work. Thank you! And thanks for hopping along.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great project! Your instructions are easy to follow and the results are fabulous! Wouldn't these make the cutest stocking stuffers?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Love this Idea, I have never tried paint pens but am super excited to use them now

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gonna give these a try. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, I want to run right out and buy blank mugs to try this. These are GORGEOUS! Thanks for the fab inspiration!! I found your hop from Janis at Her Peaceful Garden Cat Lovers Hop. What fun both hops!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a neat idea! That would be a fun gift! Hmmm, you may have me thinking like the others! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are great! I love the black and gold!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can see using this idea for some Christmas presents for teachers. They turned out purfect.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am a cat lover so I had to join your hop! Your mugs look amazing! What a fabulous gift! Thanks for sharing how you made them - I hoping to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous creation! Definitely try this technique with easiest steps! Thanks for sharing! Happy fun hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  20. AWESOME!!!! Love these wonderful mugs. Great gift idea!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    CAT LOVERS HOP Link up through Oct. 30 Comment through Nov. 1 at HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super fab kitty mugs :-) What an awesome present they would make. Excellent creations :-D
    This is such a fab Hop.

    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great and adorable Christmas gift idea!!! I'm so glad that you showed this project with the instructions!! This will make a wonderful gift for my cat-loving best friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. These mugs are so awesome. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Seriously cool ide!! And sounds so fun to make too!! I'd drink my coffee out of one anyway!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate them all, and invite you to become a Follower as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...